Cocktail Time… In NYC
From the hole in the wall to rooftop heaven, check out my top choices for imbibing spirits..no matter who you are with.
5. The Ace Hotel – Even on a Sunday night, the lobby bar is rocking and rolling. The crowd varies from hipsters to suits. If you like variety – great oysters, delicious meats and people watching in a library-type atmosphere with a fun Photo Booth, this is your ace in the hole.
4. The Monday Room (now know as The Daily) – This little gem is located in the Michelin-starred restaurant, Public. I can tell you that they are as serious about the libations they create as they are about the food. Luckily, its all served without an ounce of pretention..which speaks volumes when you consider its hip downtown location.
3. Any Irish pub – During football season, any Irish watering hole will do and preferably one in the neighborhood. This is when I tend to stay in my neighborhood – places like Bar Coastal, The Recovery Room and The Genesis are great places to watch a game without the “douchebag factor.”
2. Bar Felice – One of the friendliest and most talented mixologists tends bar at this fabulous Italian lounge. Felice, is such a successful Italian restaurant that they opened a lounge because of the growing demand for a sophisticated cocktail north of 86th street.
1. Salon de Ning- Located on the rooftop of the Peninsula Hotel is the best-kept secret in NYC, Salon de Ning. It is a fabulous roof-top bar that is open all year round and gets little fanfare, which I hope it stays that way. The crowd is truly international and the patrons ages range from early 30’s well into their 70s. The service is impeccable. In the winter, you can expect wool blankets to keep you toasty as you enjoy one of the best views of Midtown. It is well worth the check that might stun you at the end of the night…